Urban CGI will comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) including the Australian Privacy Principles, when handling your personal information.
Protecting your personal information is important to Urban CGI, and the following is a statement of how Urban CGI collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual. In the course of providing its services and carrying out its functions and activities, Urban CGI may collect your personal information.
Information Urban CGI collects
Generally, the kinds of personal information Urban CGI collects are:
- General contact and identification information such as name, address, telephone number, email address, facsimile number, age or date of birth;
- Profession, occupation or job title and name and contact details of your employer; and
- Other information relevant in the circumstances.
How Urban CGI collects personal information
Generally, Urban CGI collects your personal information directly from you, through the completion of a manual or online form, an interaction or exchange in person or by way of telephone, facsimile, email, post or through the use of the Urban CGI website.
For example, personal information may be collected when you submit any messages or comments via the website enquiry form or an email.
There may be occasions when Urban CGI collects your personal information from other sources such as:
- From your employer or former employer;
- Regulatory authorities;
- A publicly maintained record or other publicly available sources of information including social media and similar websites;
- If for recruitment purposes, an external recruitment or background screening services provider; or
- From an information services provider.
Generally, Urban CGI will only collect your personal information from sources other than you if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect your personal information from you or if you consent or it is otherwise required by law.
Purposes for use of personal information
Urban CGI collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information where it is reasonably necessary for one or more of Urban CGI’s functions or activities, including:
- The provision of Urban CGI’s services;
- Its internal recruitment processes for potential employment with Urban CGI;
- In connection with the engagement of contractors or contracting with suppliers;
- For operational functions associated with the management of employees and contractors;
- For administrative and business management purposes;
- For marketing purposes and to identify and inform you of products or services that may be of interest to you; and
- Any other legal requirement.
Urban CGI may also use your personal information for purposes related to the above purposes and for which you would reasonably expect Urban CGI to do so in the circumstances, or where you have consented or the use is otherwise in accordance with law.
Where personal information is used or disclosed, Urban CGI takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure it is relevant to the purpose for which it is to be used or disclosed.
You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to Urban CGI. However, without certain information from you, Urban CGI may not be able to provide its services to you.
Website and cookies
You can generally visit Urban CGI’s website without revealing personal information unless you choose to provide the information to us. The information we collect depends upon what you do when visiting the site.
Cookies do not contain personal information but enable Urban CGI to recognise your browser. This information does not identify any individual, but it does identify your computer.
Cookies are optional for the user and your browser can be set either not to accept cookies or to prompt you to accept them or not case by case.
Disclosure of information
Urban CGI discloses your personal information for the purposes for which it is collected. This may include disclosing your personal information to:
- Your referees;
- Consultants and professional advisers;
- Agents or contractors acting on Urban CGI’s behalf;
- Third party service providers, contractors and suppliers, including parties to whom Urban CGI has outsourced various functions or engaged to perform administrative or other business management functions such as:
- Services of printing and posting related information;
- Data and records storage services;
- Information technology services;
- Marketing, marketing research, website development and usage services in relation to services; and
- Computer software supply, installation, upgrade and maintenance services;
- Related bodies corporate and other related entities of Urban CGI;
- Insurance providers;
- Regulatory authorities and government agencies, and otherwise as required by law or court/tribunal order; and
- Any other entity, with your consent, or to whom disclosure is required or authorised by law.
Urban CGI may disclose personal information to overseas-based cloud service providers for data storage purposes.
Overseas recipients of information may have different privacy and data protection standards. However, before disclosing any personal information to an overseas recipient, Urban CGI will take reasonable steps in the circumstances to ensure the overseas recipient complies with the Australian Privacy Principles or is bound by a substantially similar privacy scheme, unless the disclosure is consented to by the relevant individual or otherwise required or permitted by law.
Disclosure of information
Urban CGI may employ direct marketing for the purpose of carrying out its functions and activities. In the event you do not wish to receive such communications, you can opt-out by contacting Urban CGI’s Privacy Officer via the contact details set out in this statement or through any opt-out mechanism contained in a marketing communication to you.
Security of your personal information
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Personal information received by Urban CGI is held securely, either in electronic files on Urban CGI’s computer systems or in physical files stored at Urban CGI’s premises. Urban CGI takes reasonable steps to protect all personal information it holds by using necessary technology (e.g. firewalls) and systems.
Once your personal information is no longer needed, we take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify it, unless Urban CGI is otherwise required or authorised by law to retain the information.
There may be risks associated when you transfer personal information to us from other Internet facilities or by email, and using e-mail and the Internet may not always be successful or secure. We cannot be held responsible for the security or confidentiality of any information sent to us by e-mail or over the Internet.
Your rights of access and correction
Urban CGI takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure personal information it holds is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access and seek correction of your personal information that is collected and held by Urban CGI. If at any time you would like to access or correct the personal information that Urban CGI holds about you, please contact Urban CGI on the details set out below.
Urban CGI will grant access to the extent required or authorised by the Privacy Act or other law and take steps reasonable in the circumstances to correct personal information where necessary and appropriate.
To obtain access to your personal information:
- You will have to provide proof of identity to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected;
- Urban CGI requests that you be reasonably specific about the information you require; and
- Urban CGI may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects the cost to Urban CGI, for providing access in accordance with your request.
If Urban CGI refuses your request to access or correct your personal information, Urban CGI will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms. Urban CGI will also take steps reasonable in the circumstance to provide you with access in a manner that meets your needs and the needs of Urban CGI.
Urban CGI will endeavour to respond to your request to access or correct your personal information within a reasonable period.
You can contact Urban CGI at any time if you would like details of personal information we may hold about you, if you would like us to update or correct that information or to opt out of marketing communications. You may contact Urban CGI through our Contact page or by writing to the following address:
L22, 215 Adelaide St
Brisbane QLD 4000
If you have questions about this Privacy Statement you can contact us as indicated above.
Please direct privacy complaints to Urban CGI at the address provided above. We take complaints about privacy concerns seriously. We will look into the matters raised promptly and respond to you directly once inquiries have been made into your complaint.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Information Commissioner (OAIC) by contacting the OAIC inquiries line on 1300 363 992 or see the OAIC website at www.oaic.gov.au.